Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Home Prayer

Someone at Church gave me this poem and I think it is wonderful.

A Home Prayer
Lord of all pots and pans and things,
Since I've no time to be
A Saint by doing lovely deeds
Or watching late with thee
Or dreaming in the dawnlight
or storming heavens gates,
Make me a saint by getting meals
And washing up the plates!

Although I must have Martha's hands
I have a Mary's mind
And when I black the boots and shoes
Thy sandals Lord, I find!
I think of how they trod the earth,
What time I scrub the floor;
Accept this meditation, Lord!
I haven't time for more.
...This was written by a 19 year old girl who was in domestic service in London a long time ago.

No comments:

~Loneliness~

I heard once that loneliness is God calling to your heart and telling you to turn to him.