Tuesday, January 5, 2010

whoosh! ..... 2010


So winter break is almost over. Did it even exist? I really felt the whole of December was a blur. Normally I am so excited for Christmas but that is because all month long we listen to Christmas music, prep for Christmas as a family, and watch Christmas movies on fridays. And I went to school and work. I feel like I just kind of drift in and out of the family and don't even know what they are doing, wait you guys went ice skating? When did that happen? Wait your going where nobody told me? It is really a different experience this year. Not that I don't like my job or enjoy school I just feel that I am slowly losing touch with my family. Somehow i feel very alone. Except last week, that was amazing! I got the chance to attend Urbana '09 in St. Louis, Missouri. I knew only one person in our group of 8 so I was really worried. But there was no reason to be :) I met my friend Kelsey in Fort Wanye at her college roommates house. Ruth (her roommate) and Daniel (Ruth's brother) were both very friendly and welcoming. We seemed to get along right away. Well we left from their house at 6:30 the next morning to drive to St. Louis. We got there in the afternoon and met David S. who had just flown in from texas. He and Kelsey had been friends since they were little, he was very friendly too and was accepting of me right away. I was starting to feel more relaxed but I knew i had yet to meet the last girl in our group and then the 2 guys that were also friends of David S. Welll I shouldn't have been worried they were amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Emily was great. She was friend.y, open, honest, witty, really just a joy to be around. Ben and David G were both amazing! They were funny, kind, considerate, and just wonderful to be around. I really, really enjoyed the Christian fellowship and the long talks too. Then it was my birthday, my 21st birthday. I was with all these new friends and they made it a memorable birthday. The guys went out and bought a bottle of wine to celebrate which was fun, but I was not really a fan of that wine so maybe a different one will be better. Anyway I miss them all and the community I felt there. How do I feel as content with God as my close companion as I did with those people there? Well now it is 2010 another semester begins in a few days I am interested to see what God as in store after this? :)

No comments:

~Loneliness~

I heard once that loneliness is God calling to your heart and telling you to turn to him.