Wednesday, December 19, 2007

What about Mary?

For some reason this year I have been thinking a lot about Mary. What was it like to be the mother of God? She is young, perhaps younger than me and yet God tells her he is going to use her. She must have been frightened about how people would react when they could tell she was pregnant. What would happen to her? But one thing that amazes me is that she trusted God. She could be killed as soon as anyone found out. Yet she said: "let it it be for me just as you have said." She trusted God. If she could trust God with her very life why do I have trouble just waiting for God to bring a guy into my life. He has a plan and will use me right where I am, and I need to trust that he will do what is best for me when it is best for me. I will trust in him. I want the first few lines of Mary's Magnificant to be true of me.
"My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my savior, For he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the almighty has done great things for me— holy is his name. His mercy extends to all those who fear him, from generation to generation. He has preformed mighty deeds with his arm; he has scattered the proud in their inmost thoughts. He has brought down rulers form their thrones but has lifted up the humble. He has filled the hungry with good things but has sent the rich away empty. He has helped his servant Israel remembering to be merciful to Abraham and his descendants forever, even as he said to our fathers."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is my prayer for you also!

~Loneliness~

I heard once that loneliness is God calling to your heart and telling you to turn to him.