Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Most Important Question

I had the most fulfilling talk this evening. Corban came to me crying because he was afraid to go to sleep. I took him into his room and we talked about his fear. I told him he had nothing to be afraid of and that we could pray about his fears and ask God to take them away. He said but on Easter Jesus died so he wouldn't be able to hear him. So I got a chance to explain to him that yes Jesus died to pay for his people's sins but the story didn't end in his death he rose again and went up to heaven and he is there still and he can hear us anytime we pray. That talk reminded me that is the reason I am here. I didn't come here just to get the experience but to pour myself into these kids' lives and to show them a little of what Jesus would look like and maybe plant the seed that will someday lead to the most important decision of their lives, their response to the call of God. And I can think of nothing better than that, to call success

No comments:

~Loneliness~

I heard once that loneliness is God calling to your heart and telling you to turn to him.